Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Illustration Friday : Rain


This is my first ever post for Illustration Friday and was quite the challenge!


Doing a picture from start to finish in 4 days is WAY out of my comfort zone. Hopefully I'll get better with practice.

This is an image showing the contrast in attitudes a Fairy and a Robot would have when getting caught in the rain. They are a pair of characters I'm developing called Bolt & Feather.

12 comments:

Loni Edwards said...

Welcome to Illustration Friday! I love your work! Very nice!

Jayster said...

Great ones. It's no wonder Bolt looks a little concerned, with such a small umbrella. Rust can be such a bind!

I'm a sucker for a robot picture!

MION said...

Would be nice to see more of them in the future.
Nice illo!

Diane Duda said...

These are great! Love the expressions.

stephanie said...

Great Job! I love the robot. I also enjoy how the umbrella and mushroom repeat each other.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! I hope you do a lot more work with these characters. Lovely composition, too.

arvindh said...

This is great - love the contrast! good luck developing these characters!

denise said...

Welcome! Your illustration is adorable. I love your interpretation of the theme! Happy IF!

JO said...

They are both wonderful characters. I especially like the robot. Great job.

Jennifer Darlington said...

This is great! I look forward to seeing more fromt hem as well!

One of my faves of the week!

Jazz said...

Y'all are very kind and encouraging with your comments!
I feel very welcome.

Christine Lim said...

Wonderful illo. Love it.
Four days is not too long! I took longer than that sometimes. I can see you are quite a careful and detail person. :)