Thursday, July 06, 2006

Illustration Friday :Sticky



Greetings All

This was a quick image for this weeks topic. I had the idea earlier in the week but didn't have time to really follow through with it. I ended up coloring it in Photoshop and editing the composition. Feather was supposed to be sitting in a bee hive when she got caught. She was trying to blend in. hense the bee-hive hairdo and the bee colored outfit. Would have made more sense I think.

But the image is titled "Sticky Fingers"

4 comments:

carla said...

You have a delightful style! I like the various elements that realte to the topic...the bee, the honey, the branch...each sticky in its own way:>

Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

Yes, I think she is trouble looking at that bee above her.
Are you going to do the hive version?

Ginger*:) said...

You did a great job with this. I love the idea, the painting and , of course, I love honey so I can relate to the situation. We used to live next door to a family that had 21 bee hives. Each summer they would leave us a 5 pound jar of honey on our front steps, just to say thank you for not disturbing the bees.

OrensoKmay said...

hi

I have seen you illu' long ago and I fall in love with your style and talent, since then I check your Blog every few days and NOTHING!!
I wanted to write you but there are no details about you, any if you want to write me your mail address you can.
orensomech@gmail.com
And if you don't want to I have to say it again more clearly:
You have a great talent and do not stop illustrate... I would like to see more of it.
hope you will see it (:

By, have fun
orenso